The Cedar Valley's best choice for skilled nursing
What’s so special about the Alter G® Anti-Gravity Treadmill®?
Think outer space and picture an astronaut bouncing around, weightless.
You’ll feel like you’re floating on air inside the Alter G’s NASA-developed, patented “unweighting technology.”
§ Allows you to walk with no pain
§ Offers a fall-safe environment so you can walk further, faster
§ Lets the therapist track your progress
§ Reduces stress on joints so there’s less risk of further injury
§ Gives you the confidence and ability to walk longer and recover faster
§ Improves your mobility so you have more independence and wellness
**The only Alter-G in Waterloo/Cedar Falls is at Martin Center.**
Martin Health Center offers long-term care, as well as certified skilled care covered by Medicare and private insurance. This is the specialized care you may need before going home after an illness or surgery. We provide physical, occupational and speech therapies as needed to help you get stronger, and nursing services such as IV medications.
Our full staff of registered and licensed practical nurses, certified nursing assistants and rehabilitation therapists work together on an individual plan to help you regain your strength and independence.
During your time in skilled care, you'll have access to everything our Martin Center residents enjoy: meals and nutritious snacks, daily therapeutic and social activities, and spiritual care. Your family and friends are welcome anytime.
- 24-hour nursing care
- 24-hour infusion services
- Blood pressure monitoring
- Wound care management
- TPN/tube feedings
- On-site visits for podiatry, dentistry and vision
- Pacemaker evaluations
- Hemoccult and glucose tests
- Bariatric accommodations
- Hospice care
- Rehabilitation programs and restorative care
- Post-surgical recovery
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Discharge planning/home visits
- Medical director
- Medication administration by licensed or nursing-certified medication aides
- Nutrition programs developed by licensed dietician
- Registered dietitian available for consultation on special diets
- Medicare & Medicaid-certified
- Beauty shop and beautician on site
- Individually controlled thermostat
- Three meals and snacks daily
- Social programs and activities
- Transportation to medical appointments in the Cedar Valley
- Daily housekeeping and laundry services
How do I sign up to live at Elizabeth E. Martin Health Center?
To schedule your tour and learn more about short-term or long-term living, please call (319) 277-2141 Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. and ask to speak with Karla Foust or Wendy Lamos.