Whether you’ve lived in Cedar Falls, Iowa for your whole life, or you’re a more recent transplant, there’s something for everyone to love about this charming town. Dining, theatre, music, history, culture, the great outdoors… no matter what’s important to you, Cedar Falls has it in spades. In this post, we’ll share some of our favorite destinations – from family friendly fun to an exciting night out on the town. Let’s get started!
Family Friendly Things to Do and See in Cedar Falls, Iowa
Cedar Valley Trails
- The Cedar Valley trail system offers more than 100 gorgeous miles of well-maintained trails perfect for walking, jogging, cycling and even canoeing! The best part? Trails are free and open all year round for non-motorized and non-equestrian activities like hiking, cross-country skiing and snowshoeing. Plan your experience at Cedar Valley Trails!
Movies Under the Moon
- The only thing better than a night with the family at the movies is watching one of your favorite films under the starry night sky! If you’ve got grandkids coming to visit during the summer, don’t miss out on this fun Cedar Falls tradition. Admission is free, so you won’t break the bank, either. Movies Under the Moon is held at Overman Park in Cedar Falls on select Fridays in the summer.
The Falls Aquatic Center
- Need some reprieve from the summer heat? The Falls Aquatic Center is the place to be! Youngsters will love the enclosed tube slide and other thrilling attractions while adults can gently float down the lazy river. The Falls Aquatic Center is located at 3025 South Main Street, Cedar Falls, IA 50613.
Cedar Falls, Iowa Restaurants
The Brown Bottle
- This family owned hot-spot has been a Cedar Falls tradition for more than three decades. Offering classic Italian dishes and more, you’ll find everything from pasta and pizza to specialty meat, poultry and seafood options. Brown Bottle is located at 1111 Center Street, Cedar Falls, IA 50613.
- You can get a cup of coffee anywhere, but you won’t find a more unique, relaxing spot to savor every sip than at Barn Happy. This Cedar Falls tea and coffee shop is located inside an old dairy barn built in 1925 and it offers a great selection of refreshing beverages and home-cooked baked goods. You can also pick up locally themed gifts for the hard-to-please people on your shopping list. You’ll find Barn Happy at 11310 University Avenue, Cedar Falls, IA 50613.
- This local Cedar Falls brewery is the place to be for adventurous beer drinkers who aren’t afraid to try a new style or a creative twist on an old favorite! Tours are offered for curious visitors and beer flights are available for those who would like to taste a variety of different brews. Swing by SingleSpeed Brewing at the brewery at 325 Commercial Street, Waterloo, IA 50701 or at the taproom located at 128 Main Street, Cedar Falls, IA 50613
Cedar Falls, Iowa: A Great Place to Retire and Play
Residents of Western Home Communities love vibrant independent living in Cedar Falls, where every day offers a new opportunity to live a fulfilling, purposeful life. If you’re interested in learning more about active living at Western Home Communities, fill out our form or give us a call at 319.277.2141 today. We’ll be happy to answer your questions so you can make a more informed decision about your retirement.